Subtitle/Caption YouTube Videos with Simon Says
Users are increasingly watching online videos without sound. This makes having subtitles even more important, besides fulfilling its key premise to make content accessible to those with hearing difficulties.
- Click Export from your Simon Says transcript page
- Click "Subtitles" in the Export Options screen
- Click the sub-option "Facebook/YouTube'
- Then click the button "Let's do this"
5. Unzip the file that has been downloaded to your computer to extract your SRT file(s)
6. Open up your YouTube account and click the video camera icon at the top of your page then select Upload Video
7. Drag and drop or select files from your computer
8. On the Details pane, scroll down and click More Options, then scroll to Language, subtitles, and closed captions (CC), then select the language of your subtitles under Video language
9. Click Upload Subtitles/CC, then select With timing and click Continue
ÔøΩ ÔøΩ10. Navigate to the subtitle file you downloaded from Simon Says and select itÔøΩ ÔøΩ
11. Fill out any other desired details in the Details pane, click Next, fill out Video Elements details, click Next and fill out Visibility details then click Save
12. If your video has completed processing, you can now view it to see the subtitles.
To add another language:
(You can translate your subtitles to 50+ languages. See here for a short tutorial)
13. Under the video, click the 3 dots and select Add Translations
14. Click Add new subtitles or CC and select the language
15. On the next screen, select Upload a file
ÔøΩ ÔøΩ16. Click Choose File and navigate to your translated subtitle file from Simon Says and then click Upload
ÔøΩ ÔøΩ17. After the upload completes, click Save changes and then click Return to YouTube Studio at the top right
Navigate to your video and open it to view. You will now see a list of language choices under Settings > Subtitles/CCÔøΩ ÔøΩ
ÔøΩ ÔøΩRepeat steps 13ÔøΩ ÔøΩ17 to add other languages
Get started today at https://www.simonsaysai.com