Handling unsupported file formats in Resolve -- Simon Says extension
There's specific steps to use unsupported filetypes, such as BRAW, with the Simon Says transcription extension in Resolve (Macs)
Handling Unsupported File Formats in Resolve and the Simon Says Extension
If you are trying to use the Simon Says extension for Resolve (Macs) and the script runs but an error appears in the Mac app, it could be an unsupported file format error. Simon Says uses the macOS' native transcoder which does not support many pro video formats/codecs.
We have the workflow for this! (Thank you for the tips from our user Michael)
There's specific steps to use unsupported filetypes, such as BRAW, with the Simon Says transcription extension in Resolve (Macs):
1) Import BRAW into Resolve and create Proxies (of a filetype support by Simon Says).
2) In Resolve, manually replace the BRAW clips with those Proxies (so the file extension in Resolve changes from BRAW to MOV, etc).
3) Use these proxy clips to run the 1a script as usual. Go through all the normal steps for Simon Says transcription and linking back to Resolve.
4) After you run 1b and attach the transcription markers to the Proxy clips, go back and manually replace them with the original BRAW files (reversing step 2). The markers will remain.
5) For multicam, you must create the multicam clip *after* this process and the markers will populate in the multicam clip (but you can only see them in timeline view, can't get them to show up in the multicam preview window yet).