Simon Says On-Premise AI Prerequisites
The Simon Says on-premise AI transcription solution is composed of two parts:
- the AI engine
- and the Mac/PC GUI (graphical user interface) application.
The AI engine runs:
- in Linux, such as on a central machine;
- or in a virtual machine software such as VMWare Fusion (Mac) or VMWare Workstation (PC), which allows you to run the entire solution on a single, self-contained computer.
The GUI application runs on Macs and PCs and connects to the AI via API for when it is time to transcribe.
System Requirements for the AI:
• Mac or Windows running a virtual machine or Linux
• 4-core CPU minimum
• 16GB of RAM, 32GB+ is preferred
• 20GB of hard drive space
• Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-2630 v4 (Sandy Bridge) 2.20GHz (or equivalent)
Most modern computers will easily meet the above requirements.
- Ports: 3000, 8080, and 8082 (as the GUI application connects to the AI via these ports)
An internet connection is only necessary to activate the AI's licence and thus be provisioned with the requisite number of transcription hours. After that, no data is sent to the cloud and the AI transcription solution can run on air-gapped stations.
If you want to purchase more transcription hours, simply contact us for a new license.
How long does it take?
A: depends on the CPU and RAM capacity of your computers. A good rule of thumb is 50% of the duration of the file but it could be much faster if you are freeing your computer up when doing transcription and are on fast machine.
I've used up my hours: how can I get more credit?
A: Contact us and we will send you a new license to activate the AI with and provision it for more transcription credit hours.